Future of Trade Africa 2013
Enhancing Trade Exponentially Between Africa and the World
This event has as its main objective to identify, showcase and network the most progressive organisations, products and services that will spearhead the future economic growth across Sub-Saharan Africa.
Africa is not a country – it’s a continent.
A continent with 46 unique political, economic and social environments, a myriad of languages and seeming never-ending reams of regulations and red tape. In an environment like this, you absolutely need to engage with local knowledge, local partners and stakeholders to learn from their experience.
The Future of Trade Africa is all about learning HOW to do business in Africa. It is a Commerce Exchange and Business Matchmaking platform and conference on how to succeed in Africa. This is the first serious Commerce Exchange and Business Matchmaking platform for Africa that will pave the way for ongoing growth for all the stakeholders that register and attend this historic launch event.
- If you want to expand into Africa and you’re looking for strong local and international partners
- If you are currently active in Africa looking for networking and growth opportunities
- If you are an investor looking for local (African) skill & knowledge to invest in or attribute to
- In short, if you are serious about growing your business in Africa, then you need to attend
Register and Attend:
if you want to expand into Africa and you’re looking for strong local and international partners;
if you are currently active in Africa looking for networking and growth opportunities; or
if you’re an investor looking for local (African) skills and knowledge to invest in or contribute to.
In short, if you are serious about growing your business in Africa, then you need to be there…
The BRICS Africa Export Import Forum serves Exhibitors as the Enabling Service Industry to engage and do business with the Best of Africa Exporter and Importer industry. With over 15 000 trade visitors as exporters and importers in 2011, and 18 000 anticipated 2012, the Forum presents the most internationally visited trade event in Africa.
BRICS Africa Export Import Forum
Three streams will be presented. These are conveniently located from purpose built soundproofed auditoriums in Hall 1. As event development complements these address BRICS Country Business Opportunities, Developing Business in Africa and a series of Export Import Workshops.
1. A Programme of Intra BRICS country Opportunity Presentations. The Programme is being developed by the Chamber of Commerce and Industries – Johannesburg in conjunction with BRIC Embassies / High Commissions, Trade Consuls and leading consultants. Each Country presentation comprises a series of four forty five minute presentations and is aligned to:
Ease of Conducting Business with that Country
Investment Opportunities in that country
Export Opportunities from that country
Import Opportunities into that country
2. Future of Trade Africa:
- Keynote Speakers – “How to do business in Africa”
- Best of Africa Exporters – “How we made it in Africa” case studies
- Headline Speakers – “Future of Trade on Africa”
- World Trade Centers on the continent – “New Commitment, New Support, new Business”
- Pan African Chambers of Commerce and Industry – “Open for Business”
- Africa - The Good News – “How SME Entrepreneurs are Driving Africa’s Growth”
3. A Programme of Educational Workshops convened by the International Trade Institute of Southern Africa (ITRISA)
The exhibitor, conference and matchmaking profile for the BRICS and Future of Trade event which takes place in Hall 1 includes the following industry segments.
Proudly African (Inter-Africa Trade)
Top Companies, Products and Brands from Africa for Africa
Integrated within the African country pavilions are the leading companies from Africa that have the products, skills and experience to spearhead Africa’s rapid growth in the following key industries: Agribusiness, Food, Beverage, Health products, Hospitality supplies, Tourism, Retail and Franchising. Africa’s local capabilities in these industry and trade will be showcased and networked with new potential partners and opportunities across the continent. Africa’s inter-trade statistics are at an unacceptable low of around 11% of total trade compared to Europe’s inter-trade levels of around 70%. Growing Inter-Africa trade and expertise is one the key objectives of Future of Trade Africa 2012, as the opportunities are massive and fundamental to the sustainable growth of the continent.
Logistics, Finance and Security (Enabling Trade and Investment)
The Enablers of Trade and Investment
The surrounding stands will focus on the enablers of trade, which are the finance, security, logistics, materials handling and supply chain companies. This will include Air, Sea, Rail & Road freight, Couriers, Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Materials Handling, Packaging, Training, Security, Banking, Finance, Legal, Customs and Technology.
Grow Africa (Education and Skills & Technology Transfer)
Skills & Technology Transfer, Education and SME Development
International partnerships in trade and industry as a key driving force behind SME development.The focus areas are entrepreneurship, small to medium enterprise development and job creation through an ongoing transfer of skills, technology, training and community development from both an International and Inter-African perspective.